Base 12: The Grace of God
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
SECOND LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 12
THE GRACE OF GOD
Memorize: 2 Corinthians 12:9 “But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Introduction: We want that you, who come to the Cell, know that THE GRACE OF GOD is the one which makes you sufficient and capable to do God’s work. The apostle Paul understood that to fulfill with God’s assignments and to do His will he did not have the strength, or the greatness, or the courage to qualify for it. He could not fight by himself because he could not see greatness in him. But, HE COULD SEE HIS WEAKNESS. Like a thorn in his flesh, there was something that made him weak, fragile. He had continuous problems with the Jews, it also says that he got sick, but no matter what it was that stung, HE COMPREHENDED THAT: GREAT IS GOD WHO CALLS US! Have you comprehended this in your walk with Christ? Do you know that only HIS GRACE will fill you with strength, will enable you and will sustain you to fulfill everything He has prepared you to and entrusts you?
I. When we feel more incapacitated, that is when the Holy Spirit’s power and strength manifests in us:
1) This is so because God wants to do A LOT in us and through us. He wants to do great things in our lives and surroundings for His glory. He will do it with His power and with miracles of the Holy Spirit in us and through us. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10; Zechariah 4:6
2) When you understand like Paul did, THAT HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT TO YOU, then you would see His greatness working in your weakness and your frailty. Exodus 4:10-12
3) When we come to know that grace, we won’t be left without fruits, or crossed arms without doing anything, but His grace working in us leads us to give MANY FRUITS AND SERVICE IN HIS WORK. John 15:5, 8
II. In occasions, we see Christians empty handed. The reason is because they DO NOT ASK. Matthew 7:7:
1) The Lord Himself taught clearly: “Ask AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU”
2) James 4:2 is added to this claim of “God OF ALL GRACE”. It says “You want something but don’t get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.” We don’t have because we do not ask, because we do not pray to God every day. Paul knew that prayer, which was of joy and not an obligation. And you, will you do it? Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 4:6
III. I ask you: Do you want more influences, more responsibilities and more opportunities that could make you distinguish in the Lord’s service?:
1) Maybe you think you are not CAPABLE. And surely it is the truth.
2) Or maybe you think you are not WORTHY, that you DON’T DESERVE IT. This is true also, for certain.
3) Or you think THAT YOU CAN FAIL AND CAN’T MAKE IT TROUGH THE END. And that is true, also.
4) Any of these answers become your weakness, your incompetence and they are what open the doors to depend only in what you really need to triumph and be distinguished: THE GRACE OF GOD!
5) On the other hand, if your thoughts are: “I am CAPABLE”, “I DESERVE IT”, “I certainly CAN”. Then I assure you that “your strengths” and “your capabilities” will not let you go as far as around the corner.
IV. Zechariah 4:6 responds to us that is not with our strengths, but with His Spirit:
1) Men seek other “great” men. God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things. 1 Corinthians 1:26-29
2) Don’t stop when you fear, what we have to fulfill is beyond our capability. Occasionally, we seem like fools and losers. But our answer is: Not a problem with me. I DEPEND ON GOD AND HIS GRACE IS SUFFICIENT. God goes to fight for me. It is His sword, His army, His power, His countenance in my behalf. Who struggles or fights against me, will fight against Him, who gives me His grace and makes Himself great through me.
V. When the author of the book “Jabez’s Prayer” felt dismay in his life and ministry, an 80 year old man, he gave the following advice:
“Son, that feeling you wanted to escape from is called: DEPENDENCY. It means that you walk with Lord Jesus. Certainly, in the moment that you do not feel dependency, is the moment in which you walk away from the real living by faith.”;
1) We can make it with the grace. Our strengths do not matter.
2) You need power, miracles, great things that can not come from you, but from God. That’s why I rejoice in my weaknesses: fear, anguish, worries, etc.
I AM SUFFICED WITH HIS GRACE! THE POWER OF CHRIST’S RESTS UPON ME! AMEN!