Base 13: The Foundation of Love
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
SECOND LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 4
THE FOUNDATION OF LOVE
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Introduction: We want that all those who attend our cell know the EXCELLENT love that Jesus teaches us and can differentiate this from the cold and weak love that many people live in, including Christians. They should confront with courage Jesus’ challenge to love this way and to reject the false and loose love of this world with all their strength and from the above mentioned “Christians”; whose love do not worth much to live it or practice it, because they are far from the personal sacrifice. The love that God loves us with and the love that God pours in our heart to love the others is a strong and powerful love. It is an excellent and pure love: is the love-feast (AGAPE). We have to hoard it in the heart, it could not be mixed with other things that spoil it or damage it. That love should be maintained with prayer, fasting and humbleness, yearning the Scriptures and its total fulfillment in our lives. Let’s put attention today to this study and let’s see if our love which we say we love is this: the excellent; for real!
I- 1 Corinthians 13:1 – WHEN THERE IS ENVY of God’s gifts, the love ends.:
1) The Christian who lets himself fall in the claws of ENVY, GETS DISTRACTED in the fight of jealousy and envy itself. It destroys THE UNITY by envy and jealousy! And once it destroys the unity, the doors open to OUR ENEMY: SATAN.
2) Beware brother! Do not trip there. If you do not love man…it is because you do not love God. This is clear.
3) The people who love little…are noisy. They talk a lot, but their words do not weight…they do not love!
II- 1 Corinthians 13:2- If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, but have not love…”:
1) Prophecy can predict what is going to happen. To fathom all mysteries is to know the Scriptures secrets and of God’s creation…have faith that they can resolve all problems and difficulties…
2) Even if I would have this…if I HAVE NO LOVE toward God and man, I WOULD BE NOTHING!!
3) The motive to all conduct, of everything I do or can do, must be love. If it is not, I AM NOTHING. I AM NOTHING, BEFORE GOD OR BEFORE MEN.
III- 1 Corinthians 13:3 – “If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing”:
1) If you do not love…what you give is worth nothing. Even if you sacrifice yourself to death it would be worth nothing.
IV- The verses in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, talk about the EXCELLENCY OF LOVE:
1) The excellent love is: patient; is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
2) That love that you must love with: It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres!!!
3) Isn’t this what God wants? Is this the love you have in your life? Do you live it each day?
V- 1 Corinthians 13:8 – The excellent love always is and will be, because “love never fails”:
1) Neither trials, or adversity, or persecutions, or provocations can take it away from you.
2) Any one who has this love enjoys it with those who obtain and achieve possessions without getting attacked by envy.
3) Anyone who is filled with this love is filled with humbleness!
4) It is not rude he who loves this way. He knows to respect and be considerate with others.
5) He is not easily angered, because he does not give occasion to the flesh with anger not to sadden the Holy Spirit. To do it, would mean to stop loving God with all the soul, with the entire mind and all the strength.
6) Love never fails. But if someone does something to you…do you stop loving? Do you stop loving when you believe your rights have been violated? Do you stop loving when you don’t get what you want?
VI- 1 Corinthians 13:9, 10, 12 – For we know in part…and not everything! Be very careful to judge!:
1) When the perfect would come, Jesus Christ, our Lord, what we know in part will end and then we will know the whole of things that are unknown to us. Therefore, love as He commands us to do!
2) That day you will see the Lord face to face. There you will know things as they are.
VII- 1 Corinthians 13:11 – To the adults, Paul exhorts us to be and act as an adult.:
1) The childish things are left behind, because we have known love! The child is easily angered because he is a child…then he grows up and matures. The childlike things are left behind and begin to take firm decisions.
VIII- 1 Corinthians 13:13 –You should remain in faith, hope and the greatest of these: LOVE:
1) There are no faults in Heaven. You will not need faith, nor hope there like now. But you will need love…because love is eternal…it will never die. So live, practice the EXCELLENT love!