Base 14: The Foundation of Faith
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
SECOND LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 5
THE FOUNDATION OF FAITH
Hebrews 11:1, 2
Introduction: We want you that attend our cell to know that it is BY FAITH that we please God. That without faith NOTHING WOULD BE POSSIBLE. That faith is the base of our hope for salvation. Faith MOVES MOUNTAINS. Faith is THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR, THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN! He who has faith PLEASES GOD. Today we will review in your life if you have achieved a good testimony through faith. Look for the faith that comes from God; because to the cowards and unbelievers the worst awaits. This is the condemnation and the judgment of a righteous God who will send them to the fiery lake of burning sulfur; which is the second death. Revelation 21:8 If you believe that in this moment you do not have faith to achieve a good testimony, pay attention to this biblical study and ask God as the disciples did in Luke 17:5 “Increase our faith!” You will learn in Hebrews 11 with the examples of those who believed and you will also believe, to give good testimony through FAITH!!!
I – Faith must PREDOMINATE, should be over MY FEELINGS:
1) The feelings tell you: Run! While the faith tells you: Be calm!
2) The feelings say: Give up! Throw the towel! Faith says: Don’t quit!
3) The feelings seek for this world security:
a) money b) house c) cars d) education
e) employment or job f) and many more
4) The famous writer Corrie Ten Boom said: “I have learned not to hold tightly on to things that are precious to me, because it hurts when God separates my fingers and takes them away from my hands.”
5) Be careful that the feelings do not interrupt or even worse,
steal your faith. Put your faith and your testimony of obedience first. Then, have your things, your possessions, but do not hold on to them tightly; even your loved ones, sons, spouse, etc. Paul gives a strong and firm example of the importance of a life of faith over your feelings. 1 Corinthians 7:29-31.
II – To exercise and put in action our faith should not be reserves or excuses from our part:
1) A man of God who is a great writer, Charles Swindoll, says:
“Faith is not a belief without proof, but it is UNRESERVEDLY TRUST.” What are the reservations that many have in believing and not to do what God asks them? What are their excuses to God? Matthew 22:5 ,8
2) Put aside the security that this world pretends to give you
and look for the security that God gives.
3) You have to develop a more profound confidence and
stillness based on your God. God carries out, makes all things, including His perfect plan for your life ACCORDING TO HIS WILL. Do not forget that He perfects, affirms, strengthens and establishes you. 1 Peter 5:10
4) Therefore, take a deep breath and… TRUST! Do not fill
your heart with doubts, since this brings death.
III – Many people depend and demand to see signs and miracles to believe and do, but God looks for those who just with a “whisper from Heaven” believe and obey His command immediately:
1) Are you one of those who needs that fire descends from heaven, sees angels, receives a thousand signs and confirmations to believe God and to obey Him? Do you need financial abundance and stability, have everything under control and secure before you dare to go and do what God demands from you?
2) I don’t believe that’s the kind of faith God looks for in you and those who love Him. God commands and one obeys because he/she trusts and knows that God will come in his/hers behalf. Hebrews 11:8, 9, 17, 19
IV – Or do you live BY FAITH or you don’t live AT ALL. Life without faith does not count.:
1) Either we adventure believing or we don’t and we VEGETATE.
2) Those that do not adventure and do anything DO NOT HAVE TESTIMONY OF FAITH. They want things, blessings and obtain from God, but don’t believe; therefore, they DO NOT TAKE A RISK.
3) Those that do not believe, stop. They OXIDIZE, THEY RUST! They end badly. We don’t want you to lose, but that you win being brave for God, who creates you and who has the best purpose for you!
4) Moses and Israel had to leave EGYPT. Does it matter, more YOUR EGYPT? Wouldn’t you have your own exodus as they chose? They preferred to leave and adventure with God than to stay and vegetate!
5) Without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD! Abel, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Rahab and many more had faith. And you? Lose your incredulity to God. Love God and His plan. Do not love yourself that much.
Of these men of faith, from Hebrews 11, it could not be expected less… NEITHER from us!