Base 15: Obedience and God’s Will
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
SECOND LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 6
Obedience and God’s Will
Introduction: We want that you, who attend to the cell, can distinguish between YOUR EMOTIONS and what GOD’ WILL is. We want to do exciting things but then we realize that they are not right. Luke 9:23, 1 Corinthians 10:23 That’s why we need “a map” to guide and direct us TOWARDS GOD’S WILL. You will find this “map” and you will understand it in YOUR CONTINUOUS PRAYER. You must have very clear that those who do God’s will and not their own are considered by Jesus… as HIS FAMILY! In your decisions, do you consider God’s will first? Are you family? Will you be?
I – Lets have a closer look to the difference between what “our emotions” are and what “His will” is:
1) We have emotions and spiritual principles that tell us what is right and wrong.
2) The emotion has agitation and exaltation. Sometimes it has disturbance and sometimes anxiety. The fundamental emotions are: JOY, SORROW, LOVE, REPUTATION, FEAR AND ANGER.
3) We must be very careful with some of these emotions. One can reach the point of a strong emotion under certain circumstances. We could reach that involuntary state of mind and reason.
4) On the other hand, the will of man implicates a voluntary decision of mind. We all have principles that rule our mind based in God’s commandments, in His justice and His truth. Matthew 5:19
5) We want to fulfill our duty and obey God’s will. The will of God is transmitted to men capacitating them as rational beings to want and do His acts and decreed. Philippians 2:13 “…for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.”
6) So, YOU MUST BE RULED BY GOD’S WILL AND NOT BY YOUR EMOTIONS.
II- The will of God is based on His decreed and orders to be executed by us men:
1) There is a sense of duty towards His decreed. We know that IT HAS TO BE DONE!
2) We can not wait by no means for the feelings to arrive; the desire to do it. No! It is simple. Do it. These are His decreed. These are the orders and commandments of the Great King of the Creation.
3) The obedience to God consists and depends of THE GOOD STATE OF HEART. We want to obey God and that HE RULES US IN EVERYTHING! We do not want to sin any more; at home you bring up and do his will, at work and in the Body of Christ, the church. There is a sense of God’s will in you at your church when you practice FIDELITY, LOVE, and PRAYER; when you CONGREGATE, AND OBEY the SCRIPTURES.
III – In Ephesians 6:6 says: “Obey them not only to win their favor when their eye is on you, but like slaves of Christ, DOING THE WILL OF GOD FROM YOUR HEART.”:
1) The Lord did not call you to serve the eye, seeking to please men. He who wants to please men is not seeking any good to his spiritual life or before God, since he becomes involved in a vain emotion. Don’t do it. Many seek a place or position to be admired or be applauded. Before God, it is glory of men. John 12:43
2) The verse says that WE DO THE WILL OF GOD FROM THE HEART as Christ’s servants. We do not do things because we feel forced. That’s why we have to look after our heart. We do not seek applauses, or profits, or to be admired, or any of many human glories… because in the end all the welfare comes from the Lord.
IV – In Romans 12:2 says: “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.”:
1) This is a continuous process of transformation. We do not live in the world’s style any more. God demands that OUR MIND be renovated. Before, we thought badly of everything, even from the church. NOT ANY MORE!!! Now we work different! It is not what I want, but what God wants: HIS PLEASING AND PERFECT WILL!
2) The private and familiar interests go down to the second place when you look for God’s perfect will; when we are guided with spiritual discernment and not by emotions of the flesh. 1 Corinthians 2:14, Romans 8:12-14
3) We want first the welfare for God’s glory and for the Body than for ourselves.
Let’s love His will and to be guided by the Holy Spirit! Don’t be ruled by your emotions any longer!