Base 02: How to defeat temptation
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
FIRST LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT
Study Num. 2
HOW TO DEFEAT TEMPTATION
Memorize: 1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.”
Introduction: When a baby is born, you know that it starts to grow. An important part of the growing process is learning how to walk. The same happens in our spiritual life. As a son of God (since you have born again, you are born from the Holy Spirit) you should learn to walk in sanctity with God, for you have entered to a new personal relationship with Him. Before, we were walking in sin and disconnected from the Lord, now we have a new life and we walk in a new path with God. This study will help you to understand how to walk in communion with the Lord and how to keep out from temptation. The Lord is Holy, righteous and He loves you, He wants to walk and have communion with each one of us and, of course, we will procure to do it in sanctity accordingly. When a temptation comes, you can be the winner by not returning to sin as you would have before, when you did not know the Lord.
1. If you read the Gospel according to St. John, you will notice that this apostle, who is his gospel’s writer, use many expressions that mean the same as “walk with God”. Which are they?
a. John 8:12 ____________________________________
b. John 1:37 ____________________________________
c. John 2:5 _____________________________________
d. John 5:14 ____________________________________
2. Who opposes to our walking with God? (1 Peter 5:8)
3. What does it say the devil did in Matthew 4:1?
4. Did Lord Jesus yield to temptation? (Hebrews 4:15)
Is temptation and sin the same thing? ________________
(Temptation says: “Do you want it? Sin says: “I want it!”
5. What should we do when the devil attacks us? (James 4:7) ___________________________________________
6. Answer: What is sin? (Read first 1 John 3:4 and James
7. Isaiah 59:2 says: “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear. The only thing that could separate me from God is ____________________________
8. Could a Christian, through Jesus’ power, live in sanctity without sinning against God? (1 John 3:9)
9. What does God promise us in the time of temptation or
trial? (1 Corinthians 10:13) ________________________
10. According to 1 John 2:1, What was John’s purpose in
writing his first epistle? _____________________________
11. But if a Christian sins, what does 1 John 2:1 say that the
Christian should do? (Put an X in front of the correct answer).
_____ Say that no one could live without sinning.
_____ Cover the sin and pretend that was not committed.
_____ Turn to Jesus immediately, confess the sin to Him,
ask for forgiveness and continue to walk with God.
_____ Give up and say that no one could be a truly
12. What does God do if a Christian sins, but confesses to Him
afterwards? (1 John 1:9) ___________________________
13. According to John 14:21, what do we demonstrate when we
keep Lord Jesus’ commandments? ____________________
14. According to John 10:27-29:
a) Who has eternal life and is sustained by God’s power?
b) To be Jesus’ sheep (v. 27), I must hear His voice,
be known by Him and: ______________________
This is a necessary and wise advice for you, now that you have became a Jesus Christ’s disciple. Walk with God and defeat the temptation! Resist all temptation, obey God and follow your Lord Jesus learning and receiving from Him. There are one or more leaders in our Mega Zoé Church that could help you a lot in these first steps of your Christian life. In the following lesson you will learn directly from the Word of God, the Bible, the most important secret to have a spiritual life in complete victory and continuous growing as a good Christian and a disciple of Jesus Christ.
Corrected by: (leader): ________________________________