Base 05: How to read the Bible
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
FIRST LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 5
HOW TO READ THE BIBLE
Memorize: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
Introduction: If one day you discover that the Lord’s plans for the world and you are in a certain book, how much would that book be worth to you? If the promises that God makes to you and the attitudes and way of living that God expects from you were in that book, and you would have that book at home, how much time would you spend reading it? Well, prepare yourself, because in this study you will discover this book, the Bible, and all the wonders of God in it for you!
1. What does Jesus say about the Word of God in John 17:17?
2. How do the apostle Paul (in 2 Timothy 3:16) and the apostle Peter (in 2 Peter 1:20-21), say that God gave us the Holy Scriptures so we can be sure that they are the truth?
3. What will the Word of God do for us, according to the
a. 2 Timothy 3:15 _________________________________
b. John 15:3 _____________________________________
c. Acts 20:32 _____________________________________
4. Have you observed what the gospel according to St. John
teaches about the importance of the Word of God?
a. What does Jesus do with the Word of the Father?
(John 8:55) ____________________________________
b. What place does the Word of God have in some people’s
lives? (John 8:37) ______________________________
c. If we are “of God” or we belong to Him, what would we
do with His Word? (John 8:47) ___________________
d. What does a truly disciple of Christ do with His Word?
(John 8:31) ___________________________________
e. What should we do with the Lord’s Word if we do not
want to see spiritual and eternal death? (John 8:51)
5. What will I do with the Lord’s Word if I truly love Him?
(John 14:23) ______________________________________
6. The Word of God was written that I may believe that _______
and that by believing, I may have ______________________
__________________. (John 20:31)
7. The devil always seeks to defeat the Christian, but God has
given us a weapon to defeat him. This weapon is “the sword of the Spirit, which is _______________________________
____________________________” (Ephesians 6:17).
8. How did Jesus resist the devil in Matthew 4:4, 7 & 10? ____
9. What should I do with the Word of God so I may not sin,
according to Psalm 119:11: “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”? _________________
10. Which truth from the Word of God has been of special help
for you in these days? _______________________________
11. Why do Christians must read and study the Bible daily?
12. What definite plans do you have to create the habit to study
and read the Bible daily? _____________________________
We congratulate you in your advancement in these studies, which as you know, are of great help for you to become a good disciple of Our Lord Jesus. Do not forget that we, your brothers in faith, and specially the leader who is teaching you, are here to help you understand the questions in the studies so you can comprehend with clarity the Word of God.
The next lesson will help you see the way that God has designated to help the Christian to be surrounded of a healthy and pleasant spiritual environment, where you can share equally with other Christians. A proper place where God can guide and sustain you, making you an integral part of His kingdom. Let us be firm in His Way!
Corrected by leader: _____________________________________