Base 08: How to be a good steward of Jesus
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
FIRST LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 8
HOW TO BE A GOOD STEWARD OF JESUS
Memorize: 1 Corinthians 10:31 “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
Introduction: If I believe firmly in something that is a welfare to my life and those who I love, I will give all my support, all my effort, all my talent, all my time and even all my money to it, if it is necessary. Then, now I believe in God with all my being. Jesus loves me and gave His life for me in the Calvary cross, now I serve Him and follow Him as a disciple. Therefore, I wish to serve Him, please Him, and share with Him everything I am, and everything that I have. The apostle Paul expresses it as: “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” (1 Corinthians 10:31). Now I am a steward of God, it means that I am an administrator of what God has given me and what He will give me and will commend me to.
1. According to Matthew 22:36-40:
a. How much do I have to love God?
b. How much do I have to love my similar?
2. How can I express my love for God and to others? (1 John
3. What does the gospel according to St. John say about a total
surrender to God and His cause?
a. What does a kernel of wheat must do in order to
produce a great harvest? (John 12:24-25) ______________________________________________________________________________________
b. If I serve the Lord and not my own interests, what
will the Father do? (John 12:26) _______________
4. As a Christian, in my new relationship with God, now I have
new attitudes towards all those who I have a relationship with in one way or another. When I am “in Christ” (it is to say, when I am a Christian, when I live in unity with Him), the old things vanish and in their place, _______________________
_________________________________________________________________(2 Corinthians 5:17).
a. My new attitude towards material things:
(1) (Luke 6:38) Now I want (write an X in front of the correct answer):
_____ a. To give
_____ b. Save for me
(2) Put an X in front of the three correct attitudes
towards material things, according to Ephesians 4:28:
_____a. Steal no more
_____b. To be a good worker
_____c. Save everything to one self
_____d. To share with those who don’t have
_____e. Steal whatever you can
_____f. Be lazy
b. My new attitude towards others:
(1) I must be ______________________ with
others (Ephesians 4:32).
(2) I must: (circle the correct word) avoid or
seek to associate with non believers to serve God (2 Corinthians 6:14).
c. My Christian attitude towards myself:
(1) In the use, care and presentation of my
body, I must not forget that my body is ________________ (1 Corinthians 6:19).
(2) I must ________________ the time, the
talents and the opportunities (Ephesians 5:15, 16).
5. I must love _________________ (1 John 2:10), but I should
not love ______________________ (1 John 2:15-16).
6. Why does God expect us to glorify Him? ________________
_______________________________(1 Corinthians 6:20).
7. If I place the kingdom of God and His justice in first place,
what will happen? (Matthew 6:31-33) __________________
8. When we respond to God’s love and we share with Him all
that we have, what will we receive? (Mark 10:28-30) _____
9. I have given God all that I am. Now I want to share with Him
all that I have: my time, my talents and my money; specially my money, because is the fruit of my work. Does God establish in His word an amount that I must give? _________
Malachi 3:10: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
10. According to Malachi 3:10, where should I bring the tithe
that there may be food in my house? ___________________
11. The apostle Paul taught the churches that the Christian must
bring the tithes and offerings of their money according to some principles. In 1 Corinthians 16:2 says that our way of tithe and offerings must be (write the exact words from the Bible after each one of the following):
a. How often?, “_____________________________”;
b. Who?, “__________________________________”;
c. In what proportion?, “_______________________”.
12. What did Paul say God will do to those who bring their tithes and offerings faithfully? (Philippians 4:19) _____________
13. What else will God do to those who honor Him with their
wealth and the first fruits of their crops faithfully? (Proverbs 3:9, 10) _________________________________
14. Never forget that to those who are His people, the Lord urges
them to test Him in the offerings and tithes, promising them that He will throw open ______________________________ and will pour out such a blessing that ___________________
______________________. (Malachi 3:10)
15. Now you have a better understanding to be a good steward of
the Lord, what biblical plan will you follow to share your money with God through the church, in order to sustain God’s work and proclaim the gospel of salvation to the whole world? (Malachi 3:10) _____________________________