Base 06: How to be a faithful member of the Church
MEGA ZOÉ (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
FIRST LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 6
HOW TO BE A FAITHFUL MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OF THE LORD
Memorize: Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
Introduction: In our church Mega Zoé (Abundant Life) we want you to know that when you received Jesus Christ in your heart you have not only found a Savior and a Heavenly Father, but you have also found a new family in the faith. Since the moment of your conversion all of us Christians became your brothers in Christ. So your new family is called the “church”. It is a spiritual family that receives you with open arms filled with God’s love; accept and share this love with your pastor and your brothers. In the church you will learn to grow spiritually and altogether will serve the Lord. Each one of us wants to do God’s will and effort so the gospel of Jesus Christ continues to reach many that have not known Him as a Savior yet.
1. The Bible uses different names for Jesus’ followers. Write
three names that are mentioned in Acts 11:26.
2. As Christians we should work together, that’s why sometimes the church is called _________________________________
(1 Corinthians 12:27).
3. Who is the Head of the church? (Ephesians 5:23)
4. How important is the church to our Lord Jesus?
(Ephesians 5:25) __________________________________
5. Which should be my relationship with Jesus, if I am already a part of His church? (Ephesians 5:24) __________________
6. Where did Paul teach about Christian life? (1 Corinthians
7. What lessons have you learned about church reading St. John’s gospel?
a. How will the world know that I belong to the true church (I mean, that I am a true disciple of Jesus)? (John 13:35) _______________________________
b. Which is the pastor’s responsibility towards the church? (John 21:16) ________________________
8. How should I treat a brother, member of the church?
(Galatians 6:2) ____________________________________
9. Which is the Holy Spirit’s purpose in giving gifts to the
Christians? (1 Corinthians 12:4 & 7) _________________
10. Some local churches are powerful and pour love, but others
are not like that. To which of the two following churches would you want to belong? (Put an X in front of the preferred answer)
_____ a. The church of Jerusalem (Acts 4:32-33)
_____ b. The church of Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-17)
11. At what point were the first Christians interested in the prayer, the breaking of bread, the fellowship and disciples’ teachings? (Acts 2:42) ______________________________
12. What should I be careful of, if I want to please the Lord?
(Hebrews 10:25) __________________________________
13. These are a few reasons why I should be united as a faithful
member of the church:
You have seen that according to this study when you received Jesus by faith, you have united to Him spiritually as well as with all the Christians. Now you are establishing a visual union with the local church, a Christian congregation called Mega Zoé (Abundant Life) Church. The importance of the church is great, as well as its work; the task that we do every day. Therefore, we Christians need to be united by all means possible. You will continue to grow in Christ with the help of your church and you will receive blessings from each one of its ministries. Rejoice with your brothers and join in love and fidelity to the wonderful church of the Lord. God bless!
Corrected by leader: _____________________________________