Base 01: The Security of our Salvation
MEGA ZOE (ABUNDANT LIFE) CHURCH
TRAINING SCHOOL FOR DISCIPLES AND LEADERS
FIRST LEVEL – BIBLICAL FOUNDATIONS FOR AN ABUNDANT CHRISTIAN LIFE
Study Num. 1
THE SECURITY OF OUR SALVATION
Memorize: Revelation 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and dine with him, and he with me”.
Introduction: Get a Bible or a New Testament immediately so that you can answer the questions of this Bible lesson. A leader of our Church Mega Zoé will be pleased to help you and you will be able to begin with your first lesson. This lesson and the 8 that follow will introduce you in our Lord Jesus Christ teachings so that you will be able to learn how to become a good disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ, our Savior. Seek for the answers of each question in your Bible or New Testament. When you read, John 3:16, for example, it means: the Gospel according to Saint John, chapter 3 and verse 16. In the first pages of your Bible you will find the list of all the books of the Bible and the page where they are found. When you find the answer to each question, read it several times and then write it in your own words filling in the blanks.
- When I received Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, I became a ____________ of God. (John 1:12)
- In Revelation 3:20, Jesus Christ describes His entrance to the heart and life of a person. This is a personal relationship between Him and me when I have received him. Let us study His words:
a. Who gave this revelation and is knocking at the
door? Revelation 1:1 _____________________
b. Who can respond to His voice and to His
c. What does He want me to do? _____________
d. What will the Lord Jesus do if I open the door of
my heart to Him? ________________________
e. How can I open the door?_________________
f. Have you already opened the door to Jesus Christ? _______________________________.
g. Where is the Lord Jesus now? _____________
3. Jesus Christ came for us to save us because we were ____________________________ (Luke 19:10)
4. According to the apostle Paul (Romans 3:23), we all were lost because____________________________ __________________________________________.
5. The Bible says that the wage or the pay of sin is: ___________________________. (Romans 6:23)
6. Who already paid the price for my sins? Isaiah 53:6 say: “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned, every one, to his own way; and the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.” (Read Romans 5:8-9 to confirm who died for us.) ____________________________________________________________________________.
7. When I confessed my sins to God, what did He do? (1 John 1:9) (Don’t confuse Saint John’s First Epistle that is almost at the end of the New Testament, with the Gospel according to Saint John). __________________
8. What should I do with the sins that I have confessed to God and of which I have repented? Underline in the following verse the words that tell you what you should do with the practice of your last sins.
Isaiah 55:7 say: “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord, which will have mercy on him and to our God which will abundantly forgive him.”
9. According to the apostle Paul in Ephesians 2:8-9, the only way of receiving the salvation consists in: (put a X in front of the correct answer):
____a. To do many works
____b. To say many prayers and give many
____c. To accept God’s forgiveness by faith.
10. But, after receiving salvation and been made a new creature in Christ, God’s purpose for us is that: ______ ____________________________.(Ephesians 2: 10)
11. Who can we know through Jesus Christ? (John 14:6, 9)
12. According to the apostle John in 1 John 5:13, if we have put our faith in Jesus Christ, that is to say, if we truly believe in Him as our one and only personal Savior, What can we be entirely sure of?_________________________
13. Now that I have received Jesus Christ, if I died tonight, where will my spirit go? (John 6:45-47; John 14:13) ___________________________________________________________________________________________.
14. Explain briefly, how do you know now that you are a son of God? _______________________________________
15. Now that I have placed the necessary base for eternal life, that is to say, now that I have been born again spiritually and that I am son of God (John 3:3-7), I need to continue building my spiritual life upon this rock, on this foundation. What should I do with the words of Christ in order to have a strong base, a solid and firm spiritual foundation and not to fall? (Matthew 7:24-27) ____________________________
Here is some additional advice so that you can strengthen:
a. Read your Bible daily (Matthew 4:4). Begin reading John’s first epistle; a daily chapter. Try to learn a verse of the chapter you read daily.
b. Pray daily. Dialogue with God from the bottom of your heart, and in your own words.
c. Attend to Mega Zoé Church (Abundant Life) every time the doors are open. The Word of God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is preached with fidelity in our church.
d. Obey God. If you don’t know what decision to make, or how to act in a particular case, ask yourself: What would Jesus do in my place?
e. Speak to others about Jesus Christ. Tell others, especially to your family and your friends what the Lord Jesus has done for you and invite them so that they would also believe in the Lord and come with you to church.
Now you can be sure of your salvation. This is only the beginning of the greatest experience of your life. God has much more for you. When you have finished filling out all the answers of this lesson, take them to a leader of our church so your answers will be corrected and to clarify any questions you may have. Then they will give you lesson Num. 2 of this series so that you can continue growing as a good disciple of our Lord Jesus Christ. Congratulations, and welcome to the family of the faith.
Studied with Leader:______________________________