Study_1038 – God is faithful – Deuteronomy 7:9
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY: # 1038 -CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: JULY 2 @ 8, 2019
TOPIC: “GOD is Faithful”
“Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; He is the FAITHFUL GOD, keeping His covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commands…” Being FAITHFUL is that He is firm and constant in His affections, ideas and obligations and fulfills His commitments. It is He who does not disappoint the trust placed in Him. God is FAITHFUL!
I. God chooses us out of pure love.
A. God had chosen Israel to be a special nation. Hallelujah!
1. It was a nation set apart for Him.
2. The Lord does not want you to be like the others!
3. He did not choose them because their numbers were superior than the other people of those times, because they were the most insignificant of all.
4. He chose them simply because He loved them! And He wanted them to obey Him in everything!
5. “…up to a thousand generations…” means, forever!
6. The Lord despised the Canaanite nations because their works were evil.
7. He loved the nation of Israel, not because of their kindness but, simply because He loved them and wanted to keep the oath made to His ancestors! God is faithful!
8. Who can understand the grace of the election of a sovereign God!
9. (Psalm 19:7) (convert = transforming into something else, becoming something or someone different)
a. “The law of Jehovah…”
b. The moral law that is deposited by God within me and the starry firmament that I can see at night over me are two things that fill the soul with ever growing admiration and reverence.
c. “The Lord’s testimony is faithful…” (TESTIMONY is the demonstration or evidence of truthfulness)
d. What God says and thinks is ABSOLUTELY TRUE, HE IS FAITHFUL!
10. (Daniel 6:4) “…because He was faithful…” Daniel was faithful.
a. When you are faithful you are free from those around you with envy.
b. Daniel fidelity and the blessings he had for being faithful was the cause of envy of those men. Something that is good in another person can produce envy, and the effect of that envy is always evil.
c. Those men wanted to ruin Daniel totally.
d. They were looking for an occasion to accuse Daniel, but there was no evil in Daniel. Because the faithful ARE THOSE WHO REMAIN CONSTANT IN EVERYTHING!
e. If you can be pointed out, it is because you are not faithful.
f. To comply in life being faithful, it costs and costs!
11. (Matthew 24:45-47) The Lord Jesus shows in these verses the character of A FAITHFUL SERVANT.
a. The faithful manifest their true character by how they behave in view of the Lord’s return!
b. The faithful await the Lord who is ready to come for them! They want to make sure that they will go with Him!
c. In your faithfulness to Him you live taking care of yourself so that you can rise in His call with a voice of a trumpet.
d. But not all who profess to be servants of Christ are genuine.
e. The faithful and prudent servant is one who is found taking care of God’s people.
f. Such a person will be honored by being given an enormous responsibility in the kingdom by God, that is to whom is found faithful.
g. The Master will put him in charge of His entire estate!
12. (1 Corinthians 4:2) May you be found faithful!
a. A main requirement for the administered is that everyone be found faithful!
b. Men value intelligence, wisdom, wealth and success.
c. God, on the other hand, seeks those who are faithful to Jesus in everything!
13. (2 Timothy 2:2) “…entrust to reliable men…”
a. Those who will not fail nor would betray by their knowledge.
b. Let us observe that Timothy is to ENTRUST THE TRUTH to faithful men who are trustworthy (worthy of trusting).
c. They may ALSO TEACH OTHERS.
14. (Revelation 2:10) “Be faithful until death…”
a. God tells them to be faithful, although they have to live or suffer thru various trials, whatever they may be.
b. As believers we should encourage ourselves to be faithful, until death!
c. What we suffer or live cannot take away our fidelity, there are no excuses to defend being unfaithful, to rebel, sin, etc.
d. God calls us to be willing to die before giving up the faith in Christ!
e. WE GAIN THE CROWN OF LIFE BY BEING FAITHFUL! Amen.