Study_1039 – Do not be afraid (do not be cowardly, do not fear) – Isaiah 41:10
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY #1039 – CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: JULY 9 @ 15, 2019
Topic: “Do not Be Afraid (Do not Be Cowardly, Do Not Fear)
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my right hand.” The objective of these verses is to silence the fears and encourage the faith of God’s servants in their afflictions. It is to lift the spirit of our lives! All who serve God faithfully will have hope through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures.
I. Isaiah 41:10 “Do not fear…”
A. BECAUSE GOD IS WITH YOU!
1. We have to depend on HIS PRESENCE AMONG US as our God.
2. “…I am with you…”
3. “…I am your God…”
4. “I give you vigor, I strain you, I give you strength, push, encouragement!”
5. “Yes, I will help you!”
6. “I will always support you; I will sustain you; I will uphold you with my right hand!”
7. Psalm 56:3 “When I am afraid, I will trust in you.” When fear overwhelms me…!
8. When fear overwhelms me (when I get scared, I get terrorized, I shiver, I’m afraid) to the point of running away in terror, I trust in You! And only then can I silence my fears!
9. Joshua 1:9 “Have I commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” I have commanded you as of what to do.
a. For such reason, it will be done. Do not fear or faint!
b. It would help us a lot to encourage and motivate us if we had our eyes fixed on the divine guarantee and listen to God that says to us, “Have I not commanded you?”
c. Therefore, I will help you, I will accept you, I will prosper you and reward you!
10. Psalm 118:6 “The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? I will not fear!
a. Jehovah is with me! What can a simple mortal do to me?
b. The psalmist had been in anguish.
c. There were many who hated him and this could not help but sadden one who had a generous spirit and tried to win everyone’s affection.
d. The simple mortals cannot deal with us, they want to lead us to fears, but God is with me!
11. Psalm 23:4 “Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death…”
a. That is, through a dark valley, exposed to the assault of wild beasts and thieves, I will fear no evil!
b. It is not about death, but about the shadow of death, shadow without body, figure without reality. The shadow of a snake cannot harm us, nor can the shadow of a sword kill us!
c. It is a valley of shadow deep enough to be dark, but the valleys are also fruitful as is death itself for the pious children of God!
d. It is to go through the valley, they will not be lost but will come out safe, to the mountain of aromatic spices that is on the other side! “…for you are with me.”
e. Because Your rod and Your staff will fill me with breath, they transmit strength and encouragement!
f. The ROD is a harsh (strong) stick that the shepherd of Palestine still uses to defend himself and his sheep; while the STAFF is a longer crosier, not so harsh, curved at one end which the shepherd uses to drive the sheep.
12. Romans 8:15 “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear…” How many things have you heard that make you fear and leave you hopeless!
a. When we are BORN AGAIN, we have not been born to a position of servitude!
b. You are not introduced into the house of God as a slave, but rather you receive the spirit of adoption; that is, you are placed in the family of God, LIKE A SON!
c. By a true spiritual instinct you look up to God and call Him: Abba, Father! DAD!
d. Dad, although it is a Castilian word so familiar in addressing God, the truth remains that, HE WHO IS INFINITELY SUBLIME IS ALSO INTIMATELY CLOSE!
e. Adoption = it is to take another parent’s son as your OWN SON!
f. We have God, our Father! Do not panic! There is no reason to fear! Amen.