Study_1046 – Until when will you sleep? – Proverbs 6:10-11
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY #1046 -CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: AUGUST 27, @ SEPTEMBER 2, 2019
Topic: “Until When Will You Sleep?” Proverbs 6:10-11
“Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast, as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. Therefore, let us keep the Festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and wickedness, but with bread without yeast, the bread of sincerity and truth.” (1 Corinthians 5:7-8) We cannot live in the complaint, in the tribulation, nor in the negative, because Christ our Passover has already been sacrificed for us. Who do we owe ourselves to? To the world? Either we are believers or we’re not! Everyone looks for the path, but an easy path like the one you want is not the path of truth. That is done to pretend to say that you are on the path of truth. Everything is accommodated according to the problem or the need we have; we only think of ourselves to see how we stay afloat. You think of yourself, only you, you, only you, but remember, that way, where are you going to end up?
Dan told me that I was better as a pastor than as a mother to him. Because the pastor is not the bank, or the counselor, or a friend or one with whom we eat at the table; a shepherd is one who guides the sheep! It is for your spiritual life! It is not what is convenient for you from me! If you do not tithe that explains to me your condition, because I could tell you only what pleases you, but I will tell you why you would be condemned. For this reason, some live with me like the cat and the mouse. It is that it is necessary to understand that Jesus is Our Passover ALREADY sacrificed for us!
I. Proverbs 6:10-11 Leave the idleness aside!
A. The shepherd is there for the spiritual life of the sheep; you cannot suffocate the Word of God, which is necessary TO FIGHT AGAINST THE SATANIC WORLD THAT WANTS TO DESTROY YOU!
1. We will understand what God thinks according to the verses of Proverbs 6:10-11.
2. Many are slaves of dozing, idleness, laziness, slowness, comfort, disorder, they get used to the bad odor because of the dirty clothes and other things. The idle says: just a little while more, let me take advantage to sleep a little more, another small nap!
3. It is to doze each time more and more. How much longer are you going to sleep?
4. When do you think it will be time to get out of bed?
5. A sluggard (one who has little disposition to do something that requires an effort, vague, lazy) needs to be forced to wake up. (Listen to my word although it hurts you, the rest is silliness of the ordinary life). He is always known as lazy in all the areas of his sad and overwhelmed life.
6. The sluggish believer is even more guilty than a sluggish mundane, FOR HE HAS GREATER MOTIVES TO DO GOOD WHILE HE HAS TIME! He lives in a continuous nap!
7. The “short” sleep keeps growing until the most “urgent” tasks are no longer done.
8. NEED AND POVERTY will come as robbers (one who assaults or steals) who steal all their baggage (the luggage of the traveler). (Here it refers to losing a marriage, children, ministry, etc.).
9. He who is lazy in God’s service cannot expect anything other than SPIRITUAL POVERTY!
10. The other members of the house can wait, but poverty will not wait, it will arrive one day!
11. This is how your “need” will come in your whole life as a walker and your “poverty” as an armed man (as one who seizes you).
B. Ecclesiastes 10:1 When flies fall into the perfumer’s perfume.
1. The fly drowns in the perfume, it was unintentionally, but they make the perfume smell bad.
2. When it is proper of the perfume to give a good odor!
3. Here we can see human behavior.
4. ONE CAN HAVE A GOOD REPUTATION OF WISDOM AND HONOR, BUT WITH ONE SMALL STEP IN FALSE EVERYTHING CAN BE RUINED!
5. People will remember a small indiscretion and forget the years of worthy achievements.
6. When winter arrives the fly weakens and falls and spoils the perfume.
7. Your naps and one and the other weaken your words, the robbers come and everything is neglected! And those who are not vigilant ruin their home, the family and even take out the Church!
C. Song of Songs 2:15 The little foxes!
1. The small things that ruin the bigger ones. But, to the one who is on the lookout everything is revealed!
2. The fox eats the fruit of the vine, but the little foxes (cunning) spoil the tender branches.
3. WATCH OUT FOR THE LITTLE SINFUL WISHES, THE SMALL FOXES THAT DESTROY THE GRACE THAT CRUSHES THE GOOD BEGINNINGS AND PREVENTS YOU FROM ACHIEVING PERFECTION.
4. To those who are very vigilant everything is revealed! Hunt the little foxes, the beginnings of sin, of those sins that seem insignificant, but are so dangerous!
5. Did you care for or neglect your vine when the flower was already fertilizing and was being formed for the fruit?
6. To those who are very vigilant everything is revealed! Hunt the little foxes that ruin the vines in the crucial moment, when they are hovering (it is when the flower prepares for the fruit, if the flower falls there will be no fruit).
D. 1 Corinthians 5:6 Paul rebukes the Corinthians for their boasting. A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough!
1. Perhaps the excuse is to say: “I did something wrong only once.”
2. Know that a little yeast (a sin) makes the whole dough ferment (the body, which is the Church).
3. The yeast is here an image of moral sin.
4. The apostle is saying that if “a little” moral sin is tolerated in the church, “it will soon fall” and will expand “until all communion is severely affected.”
5. A righteous and pious discipline is needed in order to maintain the character of the Church!
6. So, how long will you sleep? Will you be vigilant and take care of what Christ is in your life? Amen.