Study_1047 – In your little faith God works – Judges 6:36; Joshua 10:13
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY #1047 -CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: SEPTEMBER 3 @ 9, 2019
TOPIC: “In Your Little Faith God Works”
Judges 6:36; Joshua 10:13
What does God have to do for you? Let’s see what the Lord did for this man called Gideon. Let’s get to know Gideon, whom God called through the angel of Jehovah (Vs. 12 “When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.”). This angel is Jesus incarnated (pre-incarnated) who says: “Jehovah is with you.” The reason for this is that Gideon was exerted and courageous! Someone EFFORTED is one who is a fighter, strong, brisk, daring, someone eager. And COURAGEOUS is the one who acts with bravery and determination in risky or difficult situations (Joshua 10:12, 13). So Gideon was a strong and courageous man. The brave IS WILLILNG TO OVERCOME FEARS and persevere in the action he intends to perform.
I. Gideon was called by the Lord (Vs. 12).
A. He was a brave and exerted man, for such reason, he responded to God’s call.
1. In those times Israel was subdued and oppressed by the Midianites and Amalekites. (Judges 6:1-6).
2. Gideon was used by God to unite God’s people to fight against his enemies (Vs. 34-35).
3. But, before Gideon went to battle, he wished from God the promise or sign that he would have victory.
4. The first sign was when the dew fell on his fleece and not on the ground (Vs. 37-38).
5. The second was the next night when the dew fell on the whole ground but not on the fleece. (Vs. 39-40).
6. Gideon was not using the fleece for direction, but for, CONFIRMATION OF SUCCESS!
7. Going to a war is to conquer, not to be defeated!
8. Gideon struggled, not to seek leadership, rather his great interest was to fight and suffer for his people who already lived defeated by their enemies.
9. This man of God sought a supernatural sign, not something natural (through nature).
10. What Gideon had asked would never have happened without the DIRECT INTERVENTION OF GOD.
11. What we see here is that God is condescending (God accommodates, adjusts out of love) with THE MAN OF LITTLE FAITH TO ENSURE VICTORY!
12. How much you have to do in life and little faith stops your courage and strength!
13. With little faith, you see little! You need to increase that faith!
14. Lack of faith eats your energy and courage; it leaves you weak and you cannot strive for what God called you.
15. GOD CAN GIVE SIMILAR CONFIRMATIONS TODAY IN RESPONSE TO OUR PRAYERS, HE DOES IT! AND YOUR FAITH IS INCREASED!
16. God graciously granted Gideon’s petition!
17. How tender God is with the true believers, even if they are weak in faith!
18. The mighty God knows how weak we usually are.
19. AND KNOWS HOW TO GIVE US SATISFACTION HELPING US WITH OUR DOUBTS!
20. Does Gideon want the dew or divine grace to fall on him in particular? Upon him exclusively?
21. He saw God send dew only on the fleece, which assured him exclusively of a victory.
22. And does Gideon also want God to provide that same dew to all Israel?
23. Then the whole ground was wet! God also assuring victory for all the people!
24. When there are dangers the brave and exerted men are needed, not the speech of the big ones, to say and to be opinionated.
25. It’s a war against the enemy! Be brave and brisk, bold, even if they say what they say!
26. On the eve of such a dangerous company, GEDEON DEPENDED ON GOD LOOKING TO FORTIFY HIS MIND! HE STRENGTHENED IN FAITH!
27. When all is well you are not needed, but when the emergency comes, don’t hide in your own things!
28. The Spirit who knows everything invaded (entered violently without asking permission) Gideon.
29. In this emergency God called Gideon at the service of his country! He was miraculously invaded with wisdom and strength; invaded of power by the magnitude of the danger and the difficulties of his position in this moment of the call!
30. We see that God calls us, but HE ALSO EQUIPS US to fulfill the call!
31. His cry of war MOVED OTHERS to war!
32. Gideon had hesitation and doubt, but God has patience with the weaknesses of his people! Amen.