Study_1053 – For Christ to inhabit in your heart, you obtain it by faith – John 14:2; Ephesians 3:14-19
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY #1053 – CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: OCTOBER 15 @ 21, 2019
TOPIC: “For Christ To Inhabit In Your Heart, You Obtain It By Faith”
John 14:2 & Ephesians 3:14-19
“Jesus answered and said to him, Whoever loves me will keep my word; and my Father will love him AND WE WILL COME TO HIM AND WE WILL DWELL WITH HIM.” Jesus says“…we will make a DWELLING with those who love me and keep my word.” A DWELLING is the place where a person lives, it is A HOME. Christ inhabits, dwells with those who love and keep His commandments! Did Christ arrive at your heart? Some who attend the services do not even know if Christ reached their hearts, and thus, even pretend to teach in the Church. We cannot be moved by what we think, but by the abundant Word of God. We have to be jealous of it! Opinions are given in politics, in sports, etc., but not so with the Word of God! God has a pastor in his church, someone called and qualified to be the one who teaches and gives direction to the sheep! Christ cannot dwell in one who pretends to live in God and wants to continue sinning. He came into our lives and not to coexist with sin. Do not believe that the Lord negotiates with sin, He cleanses us in order to BE, to DWELL. If there is no cleaning, then He will not be, He does not like dirt at all!
I. “…we will DWELL with him…” Christ dwelling in the heart of a person!
A. That is achieved, THROUGH FAITH IN HIM! (Ephesians 3:17)
1. (Ephesians 3:16) We are strengthened so that CHRIST MAY DWELL!
2. What I cannot see is for Christ to dwell in people where there are works of sin such as adultery, fornication, a sex change (from man to woman and from woman to man), things that as Paul says, it is even shameful to talk about them (Ephesians 5:11) (Romans 1:26-32).
3. The Church is not a theater for each one to play the dramatic role they desire according to their concupiscence (tendency to sin); but rather it is the door to Heaven, to reach the Lord to worship Him, to offer Him a clean heart, purity and gratitude.
4. Jesus and the Father take THEIR RESIDENCE WITHIN OUR HEART (John 14:23).
a. The Father and the Son make their DWELL in us!
b. Therefore, His teaching for us should be whole, complete! Not just an isolated commandment!
c. The Father loves those who are willing to obey His Son without doubts or reservations.
5. (Ephesians 3:17) “…so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith…” The verse implies: that Christ be comfortable dwelling in your heart (that it be pleasant there for Him, that He may feel at ease).
6. Jesus should be the PERMANENT RESIDENT in the heart of each one who says he is saved.
7. May the Lord occupy ALL the space of our life!
8. That dwelling in your heart wouldn’t sadden Him by words, thoughts, motives or actions of sin! Because if you later go out to fornicate, to adulterate, steal, hate and lie, then Jesus will leave you!
9. The sin in which some walk is enough for Jesus to walk away, and who is weak? Me? Well, not me!
10. Notice that I hate sin, Yes, look closely!
11. May Jesus make a dwelling! And living in that heart He will be enjoying an UNINTERRUPTED COMMUNION with that believer who loves Him and walks in His ways.
12. Some arrive at the church and cry, raise their hands and so on, but when they leave the cult just taking the phone in their hands, the devil comes out!
13. Your heart is that of a Christian, it has to be the home of Christ, the place where He likes to be!
B. How does our love for Him grow?
1. We enter into the joy of His dwelling by faith in Him as our Savior and Lord.
2. Look at how much you fight and fight in your life, and what? Do you do it to love Him?
3. Or, do you not change? There are things about us that have to be hated. When will you do it?
4. Someone was telling me about a child’s hairstyle, thinking about the dangers nowadays, but it is not the hair, it is what we struggle in ITS ENTIRETY!
5. If there is any evil in our lives, those bad signs will be seen in our actions.
6. Jesus likes to be in the heart of one who allows Him to fill EVERYTHING IN HIS LIFE.
7. In the wardrobe there are things that are of woman and there are those that are of man, do not insist on what is contrary to you; notice that Jesus is in His dwelling, within your life!
8. You depend on Him; it is a constant surrender to Him! And a constant recognition of His accommodation in His home WITHIN YOUR HEART!
9. Which is His home in you? YOUR HEART is the home of Jesus?
10. What do you do with your eyes? How do you look? What are you watching?
11. The body that has the dwelling of the Lord Jesus, cannot get dirt on it, His dwelling.
12. (Ephesians 3:14-16) Paul’s prayer seeks to reach each member of the Trinity:
a. He asks the Father (Vs. 14).
b. He asks Him to strengthen the believers through His Holy Spirit (Vs. 16).
c. So that Christ may dwell, so that He may be accommodated in “His home”, in their hearts (Vs. 17).
13. Our life is like a tree that will have its roots in the best field, IN THE LOVE!
14. “… rooted and established in love …” Being established in love as the way to live!
15. The life of love is a life of goodness, detachment, brokenness and meekness!
16. Let Him dwell in you! The Church belongs to God! It’s not for you to laugh at it! Love it! Amen.