Study_1058 – God’s judgment is eternal like God Himself, let us live righteously – Isaiah 33:13-17
MEGA ZOE CHRISTIAN CHURCH STUDY #1058 – CHURCH IN THE HOUSES
PASTOR: EDITH CRUZ FROM: NOVEMBER 19 @ 25, 2019
TOPIC: “God’s Judgment Is Eternal Like God Himself, Let Us Live Righteously”
There are many who may be enjoying the privileges that believers have and may be participating in the religious services, etc., but their hearts ARE NOT RIGHT IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD! When the enemy arrives to make war against the people of God, then, THERE WE SEE WHO IS AND WHO IS NOT!
God does not allow a shadow (darkness, obscurity because of sin) in our lives, because He is light (John 8:12 “I am the LIGHT of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the LIGHT of the life.”). The man who has converted cleanses himself of the old yeast (1 Corinthians 5:7 “Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast-as you really are…”). The apostle Paul writes to the Corinthians to purify themselves of the old yeast. He asks them to take severe action against evil so that they become a new mass, that is, a pure mass! “…WITHOUT YEAST AS YOU ARE…” God sees us in Christ as saints, upright and pure, “without yeast”! So, our daily state should correspond to our position in Christ. Your daily practice should be to live, walk, without yeast! Now that you are a new creature in Christ, your new nature should learn from what you have believed.
We have to shed that old nature that can dwell in one. Ephesians 4:22 “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires…” The old unconverted man is the one who was addicted according to the deceitful desires, corrupted, decomposed, far from righteousness and purity. Therefore, there must be repentance in each new believer for having acted in disagreement with the will of God, according to their deceitful desires. Colossians 3:9 “Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your OLD SELF with its practice and have put on the new self…” Paul tells them: “since you have cast away the old man with his bad habits.” The old man wants to return and it is what comes out of you when you stop praying, reading the Word and forget about fasting, you miss church, etc. All this is a great pain to the Holy Spirit, for sadness comes to Him (Ephesians 4:30 “…do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption (day of salvation, of the rescue of sin)”).
To persevere, one must be united with the great power of God, because a fallen nature can only be restored and maintained by a perfect and powerful God! He is the one who knows man, for that reason He can go and work in that inner place of man that has degenerated (abnormal). God puts Himself in the position of Christ, who is in the middle, interceding, to carry behind us our sins (1 Peter 2:24 “…he himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.”).
A. In the fire of God’s judgment, in the heat of His wrath, the only ones who will survive are those who walk in righteousness and turn away from every form of evil (Isaiah 33:14).
1. Who of us will dwell with the consuming fire?
2. On the conditions to enjoy communion with God, look at these, “…he who walks in righteousness and speaks upright…” (Vs. 15).
3. The character of the good is the same even at the time of a general iniquity on behalf of men. The path that the good man takes is the one to always act righteously.
4. He acts according to the rules of fairness, giving each one what is his: not only to God but also to men.
5. He speaks straight, with honest intention and with restraint (restraint on behavior, measure) of words.
6. (Vs. 15) The upright man has as bad to enrich himself through the oppression of his fellowman, as well as to receive bribery (to corrupt someone with money) to prevent justice from being done.
7. The man who wants to live righteously washes his hands from collecting bribery, as if he took it as a serious affront that one would dare to even propose it.
8. It is “…who stops his ears against plots of murder…”, that is, conspiracies (secret agreement against something or someone) to shed blood.
9. It is “…and shuts his eyes against contemplating evil…”, because he hates sin in such a way that he cannot suffer seeing others commit it.
10. If you don’t want to lose the purity of your soul, you must also close your ears to temptation and deflect the eyes from sin and from the vanities of the world.
11. On the day of calamity the upright man will be safe (Vs. 16), for he will have communion with the God who is consuming fire and for him the Lord will be a negotiating light.
12. The man who walks in righteousness will have refuge in God, “…this is the man who will dwell on the heights, whose refuge will be the mountain fortress…”
13. There he will not lack anything needed to survive, he will surely have bread and water, no matter how hard and narrow the fence placed on the city is (Vs. 16). God will take care of him and supply him.
14. Be a righteous believer, you will never lack anything that is good for you! Amen.