Mega Zoe Christian Ministries
Mega Zoe Christian Church
P.O. Box 3158
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico 00605
A. The baptism is for the believer and no one else has permission to receive it. It is not because of pity: “Oh, could the girl be baptized?”
B. Those who are born again have the right to the Christian baptism.
C. The Christian baptism is ordained in love.
D. One is not saved by baptism. We are baptized because we are saved already.
E. Baptism is the symbol of our membership in Christ and in the church.
We are saved by Christ. You are not a visitor.
What is baptism?
1. Is a symbol.
2. It is to die to sin, and resuscitated as a new creature in Christ.
3. When you come out of the water it is a public testimony that we have taken our position with God and the truth; and we are identified with the saints’ fraternity. You are not a visitor. .
What is Baptism?
1. It is a testimony to others that now you are a believer.
2. It is a constant reminder that your sins have been washed with Jesus’ blood.
3. And that the Lord is with you in this experience.
Baptize in Greek = baptizo
In Spanish = put into or put under the water.
For some people the baptism is the first and last essential visual step to salvation. For them, those who do not baptize ever are doomed to perish. Others absolutely ignore the baptism and any other church ordinance. They look at it as an act, law, ritual, and legalism. Other Christians think that should be left up to the individual. “Let his conscience be his guide.
To fulfill the commandment of being baptized:
It is known, per se, that is has the benefits of the cover of being in the Church, because you are a brethren.
a. You visit the church often.
b. You love the church and the pastors.
c. You participate of the communion with the brethren (activities, games, or any other activity)
d. You love the church, and do not critize it.
—-You read the Scriptures
—-You do good deeds
It is a matter of obedience:
1. Without any doubts we have to repent
2. Jesus did not have to repent.
3. Jesus obeyed voluntarily.
According to be obedient in 2 Kings 5:13:
“Naaman's servants went to him and said, "My father, if the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it? How much more, then, when he tells you, 'Wash and be cleansed?”
It was a matter of obedience to Naaman. It is the same with the baptism.
-I was watching a man dying. The drug he was smuggling in a bag on his stomach opened and he died. He did not want to die. A 16 year old girl wanted to be baptized, but the church’s rules were 18 years old. She insisted so much that she was baptized before 18. Thirty days before she was eighteen she died of a cancer in her arm.
Jesus was our example of being baptized:
1. Matthew 3:13 “Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John.”
2. Mark 1:9 “At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan.”
3. Luke 3:21 “When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened,…”
Some examples of baptisms are:
1. Acts 2:41: (The believers in Pentecost’s day)
“Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.”
2. Acts 8:12: (The converted in Samaria)
“But when they believed Philip as he preached the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.”
3. Acts 8:27: (The Ethopian eunuch.)
“So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship”
4. Acts 9:18: (Saul of Tarsus)
“Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized,”
5. Acts 16:15: (Lydia of Thyatira)
“When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. "If you consider me a believer in the Lord," she said, "come and stay at my house." And she persuaded us.”
6. Acts 16:33: (The jailer from Philippi and his family)
“At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his family were baptized.”
7. Acts 18:8: (The believers in Corinth)
“Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.”
8. Acts 19:5: (The disciples in Ephesus)
“On hearing this, they were baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.” John the Baptist was who administered the baptism.
(Matthew 3:6): “Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River.”
(Luke 3:12): “Tax collectors also came to be baptized. "Teacher," they asked, "what should we do?”
(John 1:26): “"I baptize with water," John replied, "but among you stands one you do not know.”
(John 3:23): “Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptized.”
(Acts 10:37): “You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached”
(Acts 13:24): “Before the coming of Jesus, John preached repentance and baptism to all the people of Israel.”
(Acts 19:3): “So Paul asked, "Then what baptism did you receive?" "John's baptism," they replied.”
–John baptized, that was his ministry. Jesus baptizes on fire and John on water. Jesus seeked that baptism. It remains for me to ask for the same. Jesus ordained the disciples to baptize.
1. Matthew 18:19: “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.”
a. You are a disciple of Jesus Christ, you must be baptized.
b. It is a privilege.
2 Mark 16:16: “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.”
a. Believe and you are saved.
b. If you do not believe, you can not be baptized.
3. John 3:5: “Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.”
a. You can not enter. If you have the time, why shouldn’t you do it? Maybe it is because you have not believed.
Acts 2:38: “Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit”
-Repent and be baptized and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit; you believe, you receive it.
Acts 10:48: “So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.”
Acts 22:16: “'And now what are you waiting for? Get up, be baptized and wash your sins away, calling on his name.”
-This is the great meaning of the baptism in our lives.
Romans 6:3: “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?”
Galatians 3:27: “for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.”
We are clothed in Christ.
1. We are together with Christ.
Colossians 2:12: “having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.” We die to ourselves and Christ resuscitates. We deny ourselves because we have not died or do not want to die.
Baptism = it consists of the process of immersion, submersion. It is to take Jesus’ sufferings.